How we think about art:
Art is natural to children.
- Our job is to bring out the art in your child and help your child acquire skills.
Art is an expressive language.
- Like ABC. Like forming words like cat, pat, fat, mat, rat. We learn to write step by step. We learn to do art step by step.
- Children learn at different paces. While we may want to accelerate the process, we must respect their individual pace.
Praise is the magic key.
- It is our job as parents and teachers to praise them so they develop positively.
- When a child returns home with a painting, eager to show you, ask about it. Praise him/her. This motivates them to do better.
- Children want to please their parents. Studies show that when children are praised for work done, they develop in positive ways.
The Process is as Important as the Outcome.
- While final output is important, it is more important that your child
- Enjoys learning
- Learns HOW to learn
Outcomes more important than beautiful pictures:
- Love for Learning
- Ownership and Pride
- A Sense of Adventure, Risk-Taking and Decision-Making
- Confidence and Creativity
- Clear Ability to Draw and Paint